At HUNT Mortgage we recognize that privacy is important. This policy applies to all of the services we offer, as well as those offered by our subsidiaries or affiliated companies, if any.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us through our website http://www.huntmortgage.com.
Information we collect and how we use it:
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you engage us to provide lending services, we will ask you for personal information (such as your name and email address). If you decide to apply for a mortgage through HUNT Mortgage, we will also request certain personal information (such as your SS# or birth date and account information) which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information submitted under various forms and services in order to provide customers with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give customers the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Customer communications – When you send email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our lending services to users
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, you may “opt-out” – or say no to – having your information shared by calling (888) 433-8373 or contacting us through our contact page. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
If you do choose to decline to submit personal information to any of our services, there may be some instances in which we may not be able to provide those services to you.
HUNT Mortgage only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of HUNT Mortgage in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies , as permitted by law, or other trusted businesses or persons whose services are necessary to get your loan approved and closed (such as other lenders, appraisal companies, credit agencies and title and escrow companies
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of HUNT Mortgage, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example. Such information does not identify you.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We process personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.